How Much Can I Borrow?
Use this calculator to see how much you can afford to pay for a property based on what the banks are likely to lend you.
How to use this calculator:
- Input your gross annual income (income before tax).
- (Optional) Switch to “Person 2” and input the gross income of your spouse or partner.
- Adjust the loan term to see how a longer or shorter term affects your repayments.
- (Optional) Click on “Monthly Costs”.
- Input the number of children/dependants in your house and the total number of adults.
- Input any hire purchase costs that you have to pay on a monthly basis. This is a monthly cost for items that you are paying off each month.
- Input any child support costs you are required to pay.
- Input any loan payments you pay on a monthly basis for other properties.
- Input your total fixed expenses each month for things like water, power, internet, clothing, food and things like that.
“Maximum Lending” represents the total amount the bank will lend you to purchase your property.
“Monthly Payments” shows you the amount you’ll have to pay on a monthly basis to pay off your home loan.
Proud Members Of: